Inc42 is a leading Indian media and information platform, known for its end-to-end coverage of the Indian startup ecosystem. We work with the mission to empower, connect & grow the Indian Startup Ecosystem by providing a deep understanding of the startup economy through data-backed news and analysis.
Inc42 is the authoritative voice of the Indian Startup Ecosystem and it has brought to light the amazing stories of thousands of startups, entrepreneurs, technological innovations, businesses and many other constituents of the startup ecosystem.
Starting four years ago from scratch, Inc42 has now become the gateway to the Indian startup ecosystem, having published more than 13,000 stories and touching the lives of more than 10 Million people in India every month.
Our team works to provide highly engaging content for our readers. We’re a team that’s hardworking, high in integrity, and are always striving towards high performance — not to mention super fun and know how to have a let our hair down as well, while prioritising work!
We're looking for someone with the vision to help shape and implement our editorial strategy
We have a team of writers and editors who work to create and publish relevant and factually correct content — both news and features — on the Indian and international startup ecosystem. We track news and developments throughout the day, and often into the night as well.
In this role, you will assist other senior editors in managing the content team, the overall content quality, and helping shape how we can grow strategically in terms of content. We are looking for someone with an analytical blend of mind who can differentiate real stories from mere news, identify gaps in stories and work with writers to churn out high-quality stories — both in terms of language and substance — and add his//her own perspective to stories, while maintaining the in-depth reporting quality of Inc42.
- Creating original content and editing existing content
- Planning content strategy in coordination with content team and senior editors
- Coming up with story ideas and writing news and feature stories approved by the editorial team
- Ensuring the workflow schedule, liaising with edit, design, and production teams for smooth distribution and execution of work
- Organising editorial meetings, coordinating, and brainstorming with writers to come up with relevant story ideas and decide the treatment of the stories
- Helping maintain the newsfile and ensuring a constant supply of cutting-edge, relevant stories
- Commissioning writers with stories, ensuring deadlines are met, and tracking the progress of each story
- Working in conjunction with writers to shape stories and visualise them as packages complete with images, infographics, podcasts, any other audiovisual elements that add value to them
- Rewrite and edit stories. Ensure that the edited stories are of a superior standard, both in substance and language, are contextual and factually correct
- Act as the gatekeeper of the quality of all the content published on the website and social media channels
- Get visual briefs from writers, coordinate with the design teams, source photographs and ensure that images and audiovisuals published are of a high quality
- Set up the stories on the content management system (WordPress), ensure SEO, and publish stories as per the editorial schedule
- Strategic planning of special issues, print marketing, funding and ecosystem reports, etc. Planning cover for busy periods and holidays and making sure things continue to run smoothly at all times
Desired Skills & Experience
- Five-eight years experience as an editor or sub-Editor, preferably with an online media house and/or a business magazine
- Experience in creative writing, journalism, publishing, or closely related field
- Experience in writing and editing content on the tech and startup ecosystem
UG: Bachelors in arts, mass communication from a recognized university
PG: (MA) Master in English
Perks of Joining Us
- Open and autonomous environment so you can work in a true startup culture
- Competitive salary based on your experience
- Get to work with some of the best minds of Indian startup ecosystem (our team and our investors)
- Umpteen opportunities for personal and professional growth because you’ll be a part of the most coveted events and activities organised by Inc42 such as our annual flagship event - The Junction
- Play an important role in shaping the startup ecosystem by contributing to Inc42 and bringing your ideas to life which will propagate among the millions of readers of Inc42
Target start date: Immediate
Number of positions: 1
Location: The role is based out of our head-office in New Friends Colony, Delhi
Note: We are a six day working company. Please apply only if can fulfill this minimum requirement.