Inc42 is a leading Indian media and information platform, known for its end-to-end coverage of the Indian startup ecosystem. We work with the mission to empower, connect & grow the Indian Startup Ecosystem by providing a deep understanding of the startup economy through data-backed news and analysis.
Inc42 is the authoritative voice of the Indian Startup Ecosystem and it has brought to light the amazing stories of thousands of startups, entrepreneurs, technological innovations, businesses and many other constituents of the startup ecosystem.
Starting 3 years ago from scratch, Inc42 has now become the gateway to the Indian startup ecosystem, having published more than 12,000 stories and touching the lives of more than 10 Million people in India every month.
With this role you’ll be the #3 marketing team member whose main focus will be to optimize & grow the online distribution network of Inc42. You’ll be able to do this only if you have a deep understanding of all the prominent online marketing channels including SEO, Advertising (Facebook &Adwords), Conversion Optimization, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, Video Marketing, among others.
You’ll ensure that our AARRR funnel is optimized throughout our online network and you’ll implement new strategies to further expand each area of our AARRR funnel.
Desired Skills & Experience
We’re looking for somebody with experience in the following areas:
- Should know how to use Email as the medium to engage and retain readers through lead nurturing, drip campaigns and constant email optimization.
- Good understanding of email marketing best practices, bucketing/segregation of email lists and automation.Working knowledge of Mailchimp and/or other email marketing software is a must.
- Hands-on experience with social media marketing - knows how to acquire, engage & retain people through various social platforms. You also need to have a good understanding of what’s the strength of each social platform and how to combine them together for better acquisition & retention.
- You’re a good copywriter, content marketer, and overall storyteller. This is a #DealBreaker.
- Good understanding of marketing psychology and its practical usage. If you don’t know who Daniel Kahneman, Richard Thaler and Dan Ariely are, you’re lagging behind.
- Hands-on knowledge of analytics tools like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Clevertap, Facebook Analytics etc. You should be able to measure and report the performance of the marketing campaigns through logical reasoning and attributing it to the responsible parameters by thinking from the first principles.
- Hands-on experience and up-to-date knowledge of SEO (both on-page and off-page). If you’re still submitting links to directories to generate back links, please refrain from applying here.
- You’re expected to have a good understanding of the startup world.
- Media and content marketing experience will be an added plus.
- Proven track record of successfully growing the monthly active user base to millions.
- Prefers autonomy, you enjoy an environment where you’re making your own decisions; not being told what to do next.
- At least 3 years of solid marketing experience.
- Graduation or other degrees are not required but good if you have had a formal education.
- Excellent communication skills - both written & verbal. You should ideally be a grammar Nazi.
Perks of Joining us
- Open & autonomous environment so you can work in a true startup culture.
- Get to work with some of the best minds of Indian startup ecosystem (our team & investors).
- Play an important role in shaping the startup ecosystem of India and bring your ideas to life which will propagate among the millions of readers of Inc42.
Target start date: Immediate.
Location: This role is based out of our office in New Friends Colony, Delhi.
Convince us in less than 100 words that you’re the best person to take up this role. Show us your best work and don’t hesitate to brag! :)
Note: We are a six day working company. Please apply only if you can fulfill this minimum requirement.